Health Partners International works with partners in middle and low income countries to align evidence based nutrition interventions that reduce early childhood death with health plans and to support their integration into routine health service delivery.
Our nutrition-specific programming ranges from the control of intestinal helminths, the promotion of exclusive breast feeding and appropriate infant and young child feeding (IYCF), to maternal and child micronutrient supplementation and work on larger policy and financing strategies.
In addition, HPI delivers a portfolio of nutrition sensitive governance activities to strengthen the nutrition-enabling environment. HPI’s core business of health system strengthening and social development are “nutrition sensitive” as they address key underlying determinants of nutrition, and enhance the coverage and effectiveness of nutrition-specific interventions.
HPI’s core areas of expertise and experiences relevant to nutrition governance include:
- High-level policy dialogue and development for Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) countries.
- Development of integrated nutrition strategies and planning for roll out.
- Integrating funding into public sector budget processes, including the establishment of basket funds to enhance sustainability.
- Capacity building in leadership and governance for effective implementation.
- Establishing sustainable systems for strengthening food fortification.
- Community engagement to ensure the use of local and culturally appropriate fortification practices.