Health Partners International has extensive experience in the structuring and organisation of health services for ensuring effective and accessible health care in middle and low-income countries.
We provide technical assistance to reorganise national level structures, and to decentralising and strengthening district health systems.
Some principles and strategies that we have found vital include:
- Engaging with stakeholders and ensuring on-going political and managerial commitment is maintained at all levels;
- Ensuring that changes improve service delivery and are enshrined in acts, laws and regulations;
- Ensuring that changes achieve tangible improvements and that disruption is minimised during the change management process;
- Strengthening management systems, including financial, information and human resources;
- Engaging with key community stakeholders and the community itself; and
- Building the capacity of managers in the new structures.