Health Partners International understands the challenges of governing the health sector and the underlying drivers of poor health particularly in fragile environments.
HPI supports stakeholders to achieve higher health systems effectiveness and better health outcomes through a broad-based approach, integrating governance reforms with systems and management strengthening.
We implement strategies to improve accountability, responsiveness and transparency, promote equity, reduce exclusion and encourage social cohesion and support civil society to hold governments to account for their delivery of the right to health.
Our experience includes supporting government and multi-sector partners to:
- ensure managers are able to effectively manage health services;
- develop the necessary legislative environment to implement health policies;
- link policies and finances and planning;
- involve the private sector in health services planning and delivery; and
- analyse and organise health services, including staff roles and skills requirements.