The HR software is a two module tool designed to help health planners and ministry managers to analyse, plan and manage human resources within health facilities and across health systems.
HPI provides software modification services to adapt the HR software to client needs and specifications. Capacity development training is provided to support the integration of the tool into existing team processes and systems. HPI and partners have developed a range of user manuals to support this and the Human Resources for Health Management Toolkit to support HR planning and management.
Module 1: Human Resources Planner (HRPlanner)
HRPlanner is adapted to each project, depending on the format required at the local level in each area.
It is designed to:
- create the organisational structures of health facilities
- model staff establishments based on workload
- generate a variety of human resource reports at various levels in the health system – from individual facility to national level.
In addition, it incorporates a number of sub-modules, such as recurrent expenditure modelling and skills modelling.
HRPlanner is not a prescriptive planning tool. Staffing models are customised locally to accommodate unique circumstances in different countries. However, the models do incorporate national affordability guidelines and principles of management decentralisation.
To avoid resistance by staff to the changes that may be implied by HRPlanner, it is important that the planning approach has the support of senior management.
Read the HR Planner Brochure here.
Module 2: Human Resources Administrator (HRAdmin)
HRAdmin can be used as a tool on its own or together with the HRPlanner. It enables effective management and administration of human resources.
It is designed to:
- assist the Ministry of Health to manage daily HR affairs, such as appointments, leave, benefits and training
- capture details of employee movements and deliver accurate status reports to managers on all areas of HR management
- work with the HRPlanner and financial systems to ensure that transitions to new systems happen quickly and seamlessly.
The HRAdmin reporting system is flexible, enabling the generation of unique reports. It can be used at facility level, feeding into a main database at the Ministry of Health.
Click here to read the HRAdmin2 user manual adapted for the PRRINN-MNCH programme in Nigeria.