Scaling Up Nutrition, or SUN, is a global movement founded on the principle that all people have a right to food and good nutrition. It unites people—from governments, civil society, the United Nations, donors, businesses and researchers—in a collective effort to improve nutrition.
In each SUN country a SUN Donor Convener works with donor agencies to focus on increasing and coordinating financial support for national nutrition interventions. Health Partners International is providing support in strategic planning, analysis, coordination, advocacy and monitoring to the Kenya SUN Donor Convenor to:
- Promote the integration of nutrition sensitive development in national planning processes and budgets
- Commit to fully operationalise the good nutrition partnership principles agreed in Ottawa, December 2010
- Encourage a greater understanding of the SUN Framework and Roadmap
- Raise nutrition considerations in donor coordination mechanisms in multiple sectors (notably agriculture, education, health and social protection)
- Encourage the identification of nutrition specific outcomes in multiple sectors.
This assignment is funded by the UK Government under the Maximising the Quality of Scaling Up Nutrition (MQSUN) Framework Contract.
Health Partners International is part of a consortium led by PATH and established in 2012 to assist with the urgent task of scaling up UK aid nutrition-specific and nutrition–sensitive programmes.